Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yue Liang

Hey hey, I've discovered another high side of being the daughter of a nice, friendly lawyer - Mooncakes.

The Mid Autumn Festival is yet to arrive in a couple of weeks and my mum has already brought home 3 rounds of mooncakes ( not including the first from my cousins). Each came with their own delightfully aesthetic hardy boxes and most probably rather high prices as well. The first batch came in 2 boxes of 8-9 delectable mini mooncakes with the unique filling of custard purchased from the hotel's restaurant above my mum's office(a last minute buy as you can see). Just 2 days ago, I came out of my room to meet an gold, oriental box with mooncakes held within individual gold boxes. They looked like those boxes the Chinese officials used to present their dowry with. As I was staring in awe at the shimmery effect of plastic gold reflection in my face, Shiyun anti-climatically added (in her typical auntie tone)

'Wah, fine knife and fork some more.'

as she pointed at the text printed on the small rectangular box nestled in the middle of the golden aura. This batch came from some fine dining place. Impressive looks aside, the mooncakes were fairly fresh and yummy too. And now, just 2 days later, my mum walks in with a multicoloured, flamboyant looking plastic bag from 'Hong Kong Disneyland' . And as you can guess, yup! Mickey Moose (I prefer calling him that) Mooncakes! Apparently this client works there.

Behold the benefits of the daughter of a nice lawyer. (I bet the lawyers at Khattar Wong don't even get a sweet!) So anyone who wishes to kidnap me may now ask for mooncakes as ransom. =)

No comments: