Thursday, December 21, 2006

Skipping Christmas

It's seems like ages since I've touched a keyboard and visited my blog. I know it has been dead for a rather long time. My computer has died so many times it's a wonder it's still alive, and moving from a three to two-room flat is no easy task, trust me. Especially when you have 4-5 people in the house which is actually really rare for my family. Our maximum is normally 3-4 and our average is 2.5. (Average mah...) Anyways, since my grandma's down for a couple of months, it's going to be one interesting Christmas and New Year. However my sister will be gone for the next 6 months 2 weeks from now, so I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

As you can guess, all the hassle, trauma and fatigue from the nomad-like transitions have inevitably caused me to completely lose the feeling and mood that normally automatically comes with Christmas. Man I don't even feel like caroling on Saturday. I simply feel exhausted from all the moving, packing, sneezing, sweating...

The frustrating and tiresome thing is not the strenuity of it all, but knowing the fact that you won't be able to return to a comfortable home/haven to rest your sore feet. It feels like you're living in a dusty motel long-term, period. Having to home to return to truly is sad and I've just learnt that.

Anyways, one thing that makes this fuzzy place any home-like is the fact that I've stenciled our livingroom with pretty Maple leaves! Yay, they simply look gorgeous.

So to stop digressing and transforming this into verbal diarrhoea, I shall cut straight to my point - I feel like skipping Christmas.

But since I've gotten most of my gifts, the final but most difficult stage is next. Cards. Letters. The sincere stuff. + MASS GIFTS! Darn!

No comments: