Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally

All right so I've been back from Toowoomba for about a week, but felt terribly unmotivated to blog about anything at all! Apologies for that, I'd been getting too used to not having internet and only using my laptop once in a while since I've been back. 

During my 6 week stint in Toowoomba I discovered the most awesomest thing...

INSTANT BUBBLE TEA FROM SUNNYBANK..

And when I saw instant, I REALLY mean instant. This was during one of the weekends that I returned to Brisbane and paid Sunnybank (our unofficial Chinatown) for some asian-ness. I came across what seemed to be a really dodgy chinese drink whilst I was at the supermarket.

 Why dodgy? If you understand mandarin, the cheesy name of the product doesn't help the fact that Jay Chou is trying to look so cool doing a thumbs up. (It's called you le mei in mandarin, and u love it  in English) Thumbs ups are never cool..

So anyways, the bad packaging and branding caught my eye, plus the fact that it kinda looked like a coffeee cup from merlo. To my surprise, the drink flavour was 'bubble tea', albeit having little/no description of the actual contents (it didn't even have a nutritional table for me to see the ingredients), and everything else being written in traditional chinese (I can't even read simplified mandarin well, let alone the traditional one), I decided to give it a shot and just buy it for $1.70, which is a steal compared to our regular $4.50 bubble tea drinks here in Brisbane.

To my pleasant surprise, this drink was friggin' amazing!So here's the very brief ingredients list on the container:

  

And the contents of the cup! I'm holding the very adorable scrunched up straw...
 Which extended out to be this full length straw!~ Pardon the crazy look, I was really REALLY excited to have my bubble tea!

The dehydrated pearls that required about 5 minutes of soaking in hot water. (They turned out to be even chewier than some of the commercial bubble teas availaable!)



Don't be deceived by the yucky dehydrated look.. The drink turns out pretty fantastic! I didn't grab a photo of the after cos I finished it pretty fast. The tea is really sweet though, and would probably be able to make 2 portions. But it has a very nice creamy taste to it, well, not really creamy, but it has a certain taste to it.

So, if any of you bubble tea fans are tired of paying $4.50-$6.00 for a cuppa chewy sugar loaded liquid, pop over to Yuen's in Sunnybank and give this budget version a shot! (Especially if you're heading to a regional/rural placement like I did and was craving bubble tea.. haha)



2 comments:

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, uggs on sale, nike free run, oakley sunglasses wholesale, gucci handbags, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, prada outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, nike free, nike air max, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, pandora uk, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg uk, moncler uk, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, wedding dresses, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, ugg, moncler, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, replica watches, swarovski crystal, supra shoes, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, swarovski, links of london, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, doudoune moncler, canada goose jackets, pandora charms