Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dust and more


My nose is peeling like an orange and I'm coughing up phlegm like how a persian coughs up furballs, and I'm wheezing like a chain smoker after climbing just 4 flights of stairs. All thanks to the stupid stupid dust storms over the weekend. But it's all much better now, I'm glad I didn't get a chest infection like how a number of people here did, gosh they sound like hell. It's as if I storm's perpetually brewing in their chest or something and they can cough up enough phlegm to drown the whole college.


Basically the dust storm hit once on Friday, and again on Saturday. Looks like a sepia-fied picture right? Wrong.. it's ALL DUST. I didn't realise how well the camera captured the dust until I compared it to a picture I took this morning on a clear day. It's amazing!Colour difference so cool right? Thank God I wasn't hanging my laundry out that time! See I hang my clothes! My mudder will be so proud of me. muahhaha.Once again, the dusty dusty brissy. poooi. damn gross. You can literally taste the dust. It moved from the desert up north, down to Brisbane, NSW, Sydey and back up again to us the day after.

On another random note, it's amazing how the sunsets make the muddy river look so awesome. Ain't it gorgeous?
It was awesome seeing and feeling the rugby crowd during one of the games I was there working at. I think my sentence damn jialat. Anyways, ya, it was a game between the Broncos, one of the favourite teams. All I can say is that Australians truly live up to their beer drinking traditional image!

No comments: