Sunday, April 23, 2006

Breath of Fresh Air

MY Saturday was considerably well spent seeing that I had 4 appointments with varying special groups of people during the course of the day. I admit was was dog tired by the end of the day but it was all worth while.

My morning was spent in the West end of Singapore at a CIP briefing in the Science Centre, (I'm facilitating kids playing with DNA!!) The briefing was without a doubt a complete bore, but what followed was definitely of more interest. I spent half my journey back (to Tamp) talking to my classmate. I'm convinved that she had a cold exterior, but is actually all right on the inside. It was a really enlightening and enjoyable talk with her. Both of us have rather similar sentiments concerning the school and its people.

Anyways, being back in the familiarity of Tampines was the greatest relief. Getting to see Fei2 and PingPong was another mood-lifter. My goodness! I met like 4 people from my primary school during the mere 1.5 hours that I was at TP! It was nice seeing all the ex-Hildans and stuff, getting to see how people have changed somewhat or another, especially when you haven't seen the person in about half a decade or so, it rocked. =) Really miss the people.

After some chilling at Long John's I went to central Singapore to meet Nat and Lian Si. IT was FANTASTIC sister bonding time! Thank God for such a great mentor and sister. Not to worry I'm not going to get all religious and stuff. (Shhh... btw, Liansi's pregnant!!) She's the one who got married in January. So exciting right??? My gosh, I'm so excited, it's as if I were the one who was pregnant! I think pregnancy is a wonderful experiece, don't you think so? OK besides the puking, aches, mood swings, cravings, it's really not all ThAT bad..

The final group of the day was the SA KI group. It felt simply WONDERFUL being with them. So we made a lot of noise and attracted quite a fair bit of unwelcome attention, but I was reall yhappy being with them. It reminded me so much about my first 3 months and stuff. You tend to naturally feel comfortable with them, someway or another. Somehow, these extremely brilliant people can also act in the most moronic ways, they spent a good 15 minutes attempting not just once or twice but probably 20 times to flick plastic spoons off the Gelare table and down to Sweet Secrets one floor down. (We were at PS) MY gosh... I didn't know where to hide my face, haha... but I love the bunch nonetheless. =)

No comments: