Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Singular/inexistant Intelligence

For those who are doing GP or who have heard of the multiple intellegences scientists have decided to seperate IQ into, you'll know roughly what I'm talking about. For those who are clueless, here's a crash course. Not very recently, some professionals decided that IQ and EQ weren't sufficient to embody the complexities of the human intelligence. Thus, they seperated or catogerised different skills into 7 areas of intelligence. Namely,


Linguistic intelligence ("word smart"):
Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
Musical intelligence ("music smart")
Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")


And obviously we all know from experience that the government and society places a large emphasis on Logical-mathematical intelligence and Linguistic intellegence. A large majority of the subjects we study in school fall under these catogaries.

We did a short little test to see where our main intellegences fell under and I found myself stranded with one of the more impractical and redundant intellegences if you were to think about it in the long run. Apparantly, I am predominantly mathematicallyl and interpersonally smart. How the hell is one to enter the society and procreate with MAth?!

All right that sounds a little off-course, but I seriously feel that linguistic skills or kinesthetic skills would be much more highly appreciated later on. Unless I'm bent on becoming a Math guru/spinster, why in the world would I need math? I would rather be stupid in that area and be able to do my languages well than vice versa. Ever noticed how the majority of your Math or Physics teachers often fail to articulate proper Engrish?

I suck at language! Even after spending a whole 1 hour on my Chinese essay the other day which I thought went fairly well, I barely scraped a pass! How encouraging

=(

sorry this one no link one. Decided to add colour to the boring post.

No comments: