Friday, June 30, 2006

Tipping Point

I've realised than wordy entries tend to be rather dull, and yet I'm not quite willing to post pictures due to the high time comsumption. So I'll keep this entry quick, simple and hopefully interesting.

I've been reading The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell. It's a darn good book. Go get it if you can.

All right, that's waaay too short, haha... I realised during the last few days that ACJC is not exactly the school that I would recommend for my juniors in St Hilda's. It being a neighbourhood secondary school, most of the kids there already lack initiative and pretty much need to be spoon fed everything. And that's definately not what you'll get in AC. For crying out loud, our teachers are the ones who seem to be cutting classes! There are 2 simple reasons as to why AC has gone into the top 5,

1. The teachers in the Arts Fac are good. Even our H1 Econs teachers are good. Thus resulting in nice pretty scores for the Arts students.

2. What about the majority, namely the Science students then? Aha... Here's where the trick comes. Most of the science students are rich enough to pay for tuition, books and the works.Why slog through the whole year when the $200/hr ex-VP can help me?


And thus, st hildan's (science kids) have neither money, nor independence and self-sufficiency. So what else do you expect me to say?

Man do I miss these people... =

No comments: