Sunday, February 25, 2007

Colour blind

You know what? Males can only see 2% of all the colours in the world. Can you imagine what the percentile is for the colourblind? Haha, all right it's not as bad as it sounds because all of humanity can only see that 2%. Don't ask me how they came up with that seemingly baseless piece of statistics.

Sometimes I think I'm colourblind too. I'm constantly bickering with Nat and Cons over whether the keyboard cable is purple or blue. I've been insisting that it's purple for 4 years now and that's not about to change. But it's damn funny because I really see it as purple and I'm not about to accept the fact that I'm colourblind. Isn't coulourblindness merely a difference in perception? This shade to me falls under my catogary of purple because colours, after all, is one huge gradient from black, the absence of colour, to white, mixture of all. (How can no colour become colour? haha... stupid philo shit.) So I may want to say that this is purplish blue whilst you insist on it being bluish purple. (Now there is a difference in those 2 colours)

And I find it pretty amazing how Nippon and Dulux/Dulex/whatever are able to come up with Shades of White. off-white, pearly-white, snow white, seven dwarves, White is white la! Then we should have shades of black then, charcoal-black, opal-black, jack black, ok I'm becoming lame and incoherent here. Oops.

No comments: