Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!

So mum and I made a trip to Konstanz Germany yesterday for a day of shopping, much like how one would cross over the border to JB to shop. (And we ate plenty of bratwursts!) However it was freezing! And I have plenty of photo evidence, just that my SD card has decided to act up and make all of yesterday's photos disappear. Hence, I'll update about that later.

I never realised how cold it was in Zurich until I googled the average temperature here. Apparently, temperatures range from -5 to 1 degree celcius on a good day. (Yesterday's temeperatures were between -3 and -4)

Here's how it looked like in the morning before the snow came on heavy 2 days back...
Before

After a couple of hours. Looka t the snow on the cars

And I managed to capture a picture of a snow flake!

And while Gaby's all wrapped up comfortable like a jelly bean...


Her grandma's all bundled up looking like a snowmanAnd her aunt made the mistake of wearing this not-very-warm coat
I swear my legs were freezing

My sister and liner brought us to the Christmas Markets at the Bahnhof (Main station), which was slightly open air and very cold as well, but extremely busy and beautiful. The christmas markets sell all sorts of pretty expensive trinkets and crafts and food. For instance, very beautiful (and very expensive) glass christmas ornaments, probably hand blown and shaped. Notice the detail?
And hot wine! Which was surprisingly sweet and quite comforting!
And more glassware shaped like birds. (I don't know how else to describe them)
And Sprugli! Which has the most fantastic mini macroons! (Each sold for 1Franc and are about the diameter of our 50 cent coin) More pictures of that if I get a chance.And what swiss christmas market is complete without a Swarovski shop and christmas tree! This one had heaps of crystals on the.. HEAPS
Which concludes today's update. I'm just dying to get to the end of Michael Crichton's State of Fear so that I can get onto The Time Traveller's Wife, which my sister swears is amazingly sweet. I haven't read novels in ages and now I'm reading 2 a week! Hopefully this helps myelinate my 'airy fairy linguistic' pathways instead of all the non-fiction I've been reading.

1 comment:

fei said...

the snowflake's so pretty! :D must be nice to spend christmas in europe,so different from christmas in s'pore man,haha..