Monday, April 18, 2011

Gatton!

Finally I'm able to sit down and devote some time to writing a proper update since the start of semester. Being in 3rd year hasn't been half as bad as I expected initially, however I think I'm falsely comforted by the lack of ongoing assessments and therefore am under the illusion that I have it 'all together' when actually, I don't think I do.

It's been an epic 8 weeks back in brisbane! In the past 2 months, I think I've accomplished what on would accomplish over a way larger timespan if not for the pressure of living overseas. You'll see what I mean in a bit. In 8 weeks, I've:

1) Searched, viewed and applied for so many properties that I have all my houmates' softcopies of their passports, bank statements and letters from guarantors all in my hardrive. I would think that in normal situations, most of us wouldn't actually have to deal with looking at houses let alone applying for one..

2) Drove a ute (utility truck) when we were moving! I don't think it would be something I would ever do unless my father was a gas tank changer or something!

3) Worked several days a week at a daycare for children with Autism (which is actually the field I've always wanted to work in!) and I'm really thankful that God gave me this opportunity!Many of us wouldn't get a chance to work to something so close to our ultimate goal before graduating and I'm damn lucky to be able to do it! Even though this means getting occasional bites, head butts, slaps and kicks from some kids...


The fella didn't wanna go to the toilet when I wanted him to.. *chomp*

4) Bought a car!! =)) Thanks to mummy who understands my need to drive to work and clinic on the other side of the bridge and how a car would save me time, energy and sanity. And it's purpur too!!Similarly, if I were in Singapore, I probably would be 39 before actually owning a car... and I would actually probably still be paying off the loan.

Here's the hottest car model in town: Mr SM Lee, (I told him I was taking a photo for my mum, hence the 'guai' pose)

5) Driven to Gatton! Driving 90km is no joke, I really think the vet students who drive up frequently are damn poor thing.. Especially with rising petrol costs! It's ridiculous! (Milk is cheaper, if only cars ran on milk..)
Fantastic 'sua deng' scenery of Gatton

And guess what?? Who do you think is behind this wheel??


*drumroll*




Mr Lee Sheng himself!! :D He's just gotten his Learners and I am now officially one fo the many people who will supervise him and help him collect his 100 hours in order to pass this momentous milestone! (We've already had 1.5 hrs worth of lessons, haha)

so., this brings me to...

6) Teaching my boyfriend/someone how to drive. Seriously something you would never ever EVER get to do in singapore unless you a) were over 50 and male and signed your life to BBDC (Bukit Batok Driving School), or had b) were over 55 and had your own 18 year old kid you were teaching illegally.

Which concludes my entry for today. I sure am glad I've been given the opportunity to come here and experience so much, even if it means growing up faster. I enjoy it, it's been the life I've been waiting for =))

No comments: