Thursday, February 09, 2006

Truth be told...

Now I just came up with a catchy phrase to get your attention... Haha... All right then, Cons and Nat crashed today! To tell you the truth, deliberately breaking the school rules was exhilarating! Constance was easily spotted by friend after friend, perhaps it's due to her unforgetable high frequency voice and endless bounds of energy. They saw people which we all knew but I never saw in SA, it felt as if I was the one crashing instead!

I've pretty much decided to leave SAJC. Initially, I was pretty torn between having to leave if my results permitted me to, things seemed ot be going pretty well in SAJC.

1. I was in KI.
2. I wasn't exactly deemed a genius here but neither was I at the bottom of the pit.
3. I was around people of my kind and calibre, basically English speaking ones.
4. I saw/met guys who actually behaved and could think unlike those in SHS (no offence).
5. There was a rather strong Christian background which was familiar.
6. SAJC shirts rock.

Unlike the fact that if I were to go to a better school, lets say TJC, I would be

1. Be highly unlikely be able to do KI if I did want to.
2. Be in a generally higher level of competition with MUCH smarter peers.
3. Be constantly surrounded by Cheena people from SAP schools.
4. Not be able to have mass worship sessions in the mornings.
5. Be stupid and risk lagging EXTREMELY far behind.
6. Have a higher risk of suffering from depression and the likes.

The pros of staying definitely seemed to surpass the pros of leaving, but after much thought the last week, (not much actually) I decided that the prestige of TJC beats SAJC anytime. It's true despite how much you try to hide it, it's one of the top 5! Comparison is inevitable. I wonder if I'll be happier here or anywhere else, I've already began detaching myself from SAJC so as not to feel much 'pain' if a time comes where I leave.

No comments: