Monday, February 27, 2006

Political Forum?

One fateful Saturday mornining, 5 insane SAJC students made their way down to the Kent Ridge campus of NUS for a Political Forum on the (in) Significance of the Elections. I must add that the idea of public blogging was one of the hot topics of the Q & A session. However I did feel that they speakers tended to over generalise any question citing blogging as an example to extreme comments which may lead to defamation and the what nots. I can hardly believe, after the whole thing was over, that I had been able to sit my ass on the lecture seat for a whole 4 hours without once dozing off for a noticable period. I do however admit to taking slightly subtle naps whenever the Workers' Party fellow began speaking/campaigning. It was qutie a fruitful session even though I admit to most of it flying over my head, however I am going to choose not to discuss any politics on my blog because of several reasons,

1. I know nuts about politics and not talking about it would greatly reduce me running the risk of looking like a fool on the International Web.
2. Fear of D-E-F-A-M-A-T-I-O-N
3.My loyal readers will be sooo turned off by the sheer boredom of it.
4. I think I have a more interesting topic to speak of.

MY, I find my capability of writing depleting rapidly. I can't seem to be able to think of any funny analogies, my postings are getting as dull as the Review section of the Straits Times, (see even that isn't funny) I don't know, I love reading blogs filled with quick witty statements which make me crack up almost immediately. Sometimes it seems like my ability to read, speak and write in proficient English are all inter-related. Somehow, as one improves, the others will deprove at such an amazing rate till I feel foreign to the language. However, I always did feel that writing was never my forte. Actually, I think I have none.

I hope I can get into the school I want to...

I decided to fulfill my name of being a Narcissist.

No comments: