Sunday, June 10, 2007

Encore!

Apparently some dumbass had shouted 'NOOO!!' when the audience had wonderfully and enthusiastically shouted for an Encore last night. Stupid bugger, hope he falls down and breaks his leg! I think the audience was GREAT and amazing! And the orchestra was swell! Even though my mum did say that the people on stage looked like professional mourners not only because of the black costume but mainly because of our sour faces. The next batch must watch out ok, make sure the the entire orchestra puts on a slight smile (at least) when performing la. Aiyo, some of the J1 erhu'ers faces were so black they looked like they were being lectured by sohkianwee!

The entire performance was wonderful in my perspective because of the people that were in the audience. We were playing to each of our own special groups of friends and family, making it as personal as we could, well at least I was. Sneaking glances at that grinning Aiping and catching my sister's eye as I rolled my eyes at the bunch of noisy moronic mud-daryl's-friends [or junhan's friends I'm not too sure] at the corner. Plus knowing the fact that our poor one-legged Oily(ok not so oily now) had come a hoppin' allll the way from choa chu kang just to support us made it all worthwhile. It would have been perfect if you could have joined in with the triangle on stage, haha... Unlike what I expected, I felt pretty at ease and comfortable on stage because of the people down there. I can safely say that the audience can play an extremely crucial role to any performer. Had I felt that I was being judged or cynically analysed at any point in time during the course of the night, I would have played with a completely different tone an attitude, and would have probably screwed up even more. Btw, I screwed up a lot! And having a veteran cellist behind me didn't make me look any better! But that's not the point and I'm going to do the typical thank-everyone+emo-message thing.

Thanks Feifei!! love the oorhkids! and for shouting my name la, damn malu! Thanks ping for your reassuring smiles throughout! Yee! ( in advance for the eye checkup you're going to give me)Joan and her 'that-one' good choice for the chocolates! so clever! haha..
Nat, Cons and Bert!! Thanks for coming despite my overpriced pang-sai-zua quality tickets! And I love your roses! :D Seeing the church bunch occupying that section was damn cute, it was like church in VCH! haha, I was really happy and honoured to know that these people came to see me pluck strings. =) Mings and the gang!! Thanks for coming and I'm still so sorry I didn't see you guys during the interval! and also for runnig out of vch in such a sweaty, unglam manner, haha... blame the teacher-in-charge la.

Bravo tot he audience!

No comments: