Thursday, February 21, 2008

One week

I discovered I can draw!

The one thing I can't stand about working in the service industry is when you spend 4 hours stoning, with practically no customers to attend to till your feet fall asleep. So you prepare yourself mentally to go home at 11, and once you do, boom, all the darn customers come in at 10pm for drinks. Dang you tell yourself, but it's too late, you're gonna be stuck there for another 3 more hours even though your brain function has ceased. So I spent my first few hours doodling what represents my work/life at one rochester. See that table/ cupboard in the middle? That's how my station looks like. And the window next to it overlooks the 'livingroom' where couples, often forgeting that I can see them start making out like there's no tomorrow. Did I mention I witnessed a marriage proposal through that window once? Real sweet. =)

Something just occured to me this week, if I'm not teaching little kids, I'm teaching disabled ones, resulting in me talking to many people as if they were kids too, e.g. customers. It's not that I baby talk or anything, it's more of the tone of the voice used, it's slightly higher and a little more... exaggerated with regards to expression. Hopefully I don't sound too much like a kindergarten teacher when I take orders!

No comments: