Thursday, June 12, 2008

As I sit here at 2am, listening to Pink's 'Dear Mr President' for the gezillionth time, even if my computer can't play it so many times, I've been hearing it inside my head replaying itself without my permission. It's there when I work, when I walk, and even when I sleep. Yes, I had an entire dream with that song replaying and replaying and repaying and replaying so much that I was exhausted in the morning. Still, I can't get enough of it.

I'd spent my last Sunday evening watching a couple perform an acoustic set at the Ben & Jerry's at Cathay which encourages live performances. I did this with an entire Waffle Sundae to me, myself and I. (yes I went alone) I was feeling pretty sucky, the suckiest I'd ever felt, and having the financial ability to gourge didn't help much except for making me an inch wider. I love acoustic sets, especially when the vocalist is good, so I couldnt help but sit my ass there for a whole good hour listening to the emoest of songs, such as 'All or Nothing' or 'The First Cut is the Deepest', 'Collide', the songs that can really make the heartbroken break their hearts even more. But those are the songs with the 'kick' which many lack these days. It actually made me feel slightly better listening to emo oldies, I just wished I could have sat there even longer and just had the pair sing songs I wanted.

qwerty

I'll get over this, everyone does eventually.



I wish I would.

No comments: