Monday, August 29, 2011

Skilled Laborour

Several weeks ago on one of those lazy nights where I frist got my internet connected, I stumbled across Xiaxue's videos on clicknetwork.com, and came across a hilarious video of her baby sitting. Well, it wasn't hilarious per se, more of a mix between shock and amusement. 

You may watch the video at the following link: (I am unable to embed a video from clicknetwork

http://www.clicknetwork.tv/watch.aspx?c=1&p=8&v=462



As many of you know, I'm not exactly the person with the best fashion sense, neither am I the kind who knows how to 'dress up' even if the occasion calls for it. I'm pretty much a T-shirt-and-jeans kinda girl, and have progressed steadily from super-oversized-ugly-t-shirt-and-berms to fitted-t-shirts-and-jeans-with-occasional-dresses. As plastic or superficial as it may seem, I sometimes do envy girls who are able to use 87 different substances to accentuate their features. 
Random example of pretty girly dolled up girl

It's like an art, I suppose that's why they're called make-up artists yes?
People like Kaykay and Xiaxue even make livings out of their looks (especially xiaxue with her video tutorials on how to gigantify your eyes), which is pretty awesome if you think about it, show people how to do something you like (and are good at), and get paid for it! And it's not exactly laborious either.
So when I saw videos of them babysitting (Kaykay and Paul Twohill had another experience here), I gaped for a while. I have never seen people SO awkward around kids before! Watch for yourself and see, gosh I felt bad for the poor kids!

But in this process, I discovered my skill: Diaper Changing/Kid Minding!! Actually I think I'm better with babies, they can be easily distracted and entertained with stupid things like how huge your mouth is whereas a toddler would just run around and ignore you.

So I have a skill!! YAY

But models get $50/hr and babysitters get $15/hr... Hmmm Oh well, at least I know if I have a kid I won't freak out!

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, nike air max uk, hogan outlet, hollister uk, lululemon canada, nike roshe run uk, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, uggs outlet, north face, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk, nike air force, coach purses, kate spade, coach outlet store online, hollister pas cher, replica handbags, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, nike tn, michael kors outlet, guess pas cher, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, coach outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, nike free uk, true religion outlet, new balance, polo lacoste

oakleyses said...

converse outlet, herve leger, hollister clothing, lululemon, valentino shoes, oakley, vans, nike air max, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, vans outlet, celine handbags, nike huaraches, north face outlet, insanity workout, ray ban, mcm handbags, baseball bats, hollister, instyler, p90x workout, ghd hair, nike trainers uk, chi flat iron, iphone cases, nfl jerseys, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, gucci, babyliss, nike air max, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, beats by dre, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, converse, abercrombie and fitch, hermes belt, hollister, reebok outlet, new balance shoes, ralph lauren, longchamp uk, jimmy choo outlet, lancel, timberland boots, louboutin