Sunday, September 11, 2011

DEVASTATED!

I don't know why all the photos I try to upload from Europe are like this!! =(( I reckon it's an SD card thing, but these are the files that I've already transferred to my computer from the SD card, and they don't show up like this when I open the individual photos up, only when I try to upload them on blogger.. 

WHY

WHY

WHY!!!??






 It's as if it's a snapshot from the horror movie 'shutter', which, by the way, I caught with Korah and Mark a month ago (finally) and was disappointed that the boys didn't find it as scary as other films (I must find an Asian horror film that'll knock their socks off!). There's an on going debate between Mark and I as to whether Hollywood or Asia makes the best horror.

I reckon that the asians win hands down of course, and that blardy Hollywood just makes either a) lousy remakes or b) uses plenty of scary voom-voom soundtracks and that shoves an ugly ang-mor ghost in your face in order to make you piss in your pants.

I personally find asian horror to be chilly and oh so spine-tingling not only in their filmography and effects, but storylines as well. They're the kind that leave you with shudders even after you leave the theatre..

However perhaps that's just the feelings I got when I watched horror as a teenager some 8 years ago (man that's OLD). And I guess I'm less shakable now that I'm a quarter through my life, and I understand the concept of on-screen ghosts being just normal people in ugly costumes and having bad hair days. You know how a scary scene is scary? It's not always quite as simple

1) Scary music, if not, just uncomfortable silence that makes your breath sit in your chest like a decaying lump of cheese

2) Lots and lots of tension building up to that particular scene

3) A blurry unclear image of the ghost, it musn't linger for too long, or you'll realise that it's actually just a human. And I think this is actually the most crucial factor. I find that a lot of horror shows go wrong in the sense that they show you too much  of the ghost, and you end up being able to pick out the very human features in them (which thus totally defeats the initally aim of appearing as a ghost)
 I think the show that completely shattered the ghost image was our Singapore short series 'Incredible Tales'. Remember that? There was one episode with the famous pontianak of course, which comprised of this flour-faced, long haired asian chick with not very scary eyes, and what appeared to be a piece of otak in her mouth acting as a long tongue. Howdumb was that?? Oh well..

What a digression eh? I didn't even set out to talk about horror in the first place!

Oo look at this boy's face, you can't see it cs the picture's been cut off, but he was beaming SO much on the bus ride as he flirted and twiddled with the girl's hand. They weren't a couple, which I suppose, made it all much funner for the guy to try and cosy up to her as they went on their journey!

Doesn't that bring the butterflies to your stomach girls?? When that guy first flirted with you and gave you that attention which you craved but wasn't brave enough to demand for? Haha.. Being young is so fun..

I feel terribly old!

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, uggs on sale, nike free run, oakley sunglasses wholesale, gucci handbags, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, prada outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, nike free, nike air max, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, pandora uk, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg uk, moncler uk, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, wedding dresses, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, ugg, moncler, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, replica watches, swarovski crystal, supra shoes, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, swarovski, links of london, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, doudoune moncler, canada goose jackets, pandora charms