Monday, August 07, 2006

My Family!


My house was filled yesterday! Even though it happens pretty often considering that 1206 square feet ain't much to work with and as you can see, that's my miserly puny dining area. Allow me to do a quick introduction round the oblong table, starting from the guy in red

Liyang (pretty soon to be family if you know what I mean), my all-grown-up cousin Zach, his mum (my ee-ee), dad (my uncle), *gay* lawyer cousin and my other *gay* programmer cousin (they cohabitate) haha... Zach's sister and her husband. So anyways, never before have we had so many relatives down all at once in our comfy, cozy abode due to the majority of the Lims living in Malaysia and anywhere else but Singapore.

You see my grandad had wanted a family of lawyers/doctors/scientists, you know, the prestigious makes. Unfortunately for him, most of his chlidren had the vision of educating little kiddies. And so, one scientist and 3 teachers later, my mum had no choice but to pack her bags and be sent off to little ole Singapore to study law when all she wanted was to teach little mal-ay-sian devils. And hence, here we are, the Singaporean family living in exceedingly constrained spaces as compared to our relatives who have plenty of land and space to live in.

The night went really well with the cousins and older generations jamming. Out of the eight cousin, 3 play the piano, 1.5 play the cello, 2.5 play the guitar and all are pretty competant at bellowing lyrics out. And thus, the Asian Von trapp family was formed! You would never guess how BeeGee's Words can be jammed with 2 guitars, a cello and a whole bunch of people strugging to harmonise with each other! No matter how many chickens/cats we killed that evening, boy did we have a good time. Sure enough it was damn tiring, but it was real worthwhile. I like my family, =) inspite of a few members being pretty screwed, we've still got it all together more or less. =)



No comments: