Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Smile!

Here's what I have to smile about!

1) I just got a new phone! Despite it being one of the early predecessors of Nokia phones (It's a 6070) I'm nonetheless extremely happy with the buy and the phone. The previous Motorola I had was successfully upping my blood pressure and frequencies of migraines with it's laggy internal processer (if it even had one) I've described its lagginess rather vividly to quite a number of people already, but allow me to once again elaborate how I would probably die if I were to need to call the police/ambulance urgently. It's as if my phone is this 70 year old woman who's incapable of any action once in a state of shock, which by the way happens pretty often. You open the flap too quickly, it goes into shock and you can't key in anything for about 5-10 seconds (which sadly is considered eternity in a world where occasions are considered to the nanosecond) If you press too many buttons too fast, BAM! Worse still, you recieve a call on a second line or a message comes in half way and stuff like that. Basically, the phone is akin to an 80 year old man who's slightly senile, slow, unable to multitask, slow, extremely un-human-friendly, slow, yea you get the point.

Hence, unable to take this traumatic frustrations, I decided quite strongly to get a new phone.

Yay!!

2) We saved $50 whilst getting the phone! I kept telling my mum we'd earn $2 from the Motorla since we bought it at 98 but would be selling it at 100. (haha, yipee 2 boxes of muar chee for us) To our delight, we ended up trading it in for 120, which means we earned $22! haha, and somehow, Nokia is selling the phone for $38 more than those little mobile phone shops under the housing board estates. Yay!

3) The salesmen were really friendly and pleasant! They even freely told us about their experience of nabbing a mobile phone theif! (Apparently some Malay student had attempted to sell a phone filled with Mandarin contacts, pictures, ringtones etc) Haha, ain't that nice that our friendly shop owners are doing their part in keeping our streets safe? =)

4) I had a great time with a bunch of my class bowling at a really cheap rate of $1.50 per game! And I discovered (for the first time) Marina South! I think it's gorgeous really, I can barely wait for our promos to end! Fly kite! fly kite!! (Throwing 9 pound balls aren't really my thing you see, I have this affinity for longkangs)

5) I really enjoy my classmates sometimes! They can be quite a breath of fresh air sometimes!

No comments: