Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Tinge of Emo-ness

Weekends are ruined by some things some times, actually most of the time. Shan't elaborate.

Anyways...

With the recent economic property boom, my mum's been as busy as hell. She works almost 17 hour days and rarely comes home before 12. (10's considered early) And so I've spent most of my days sleeping before they (my mum and sis) get back and waking before they do. Considering that previous economic boom was way back in '97 or so and my mum had 3 staff working for her then, I've never really experienced not having my mum around as much. I must say it was pretty traumatic to me initially, you don't just take something away from a girl like that. But after a few months of getting used to, I'm still pretty upset but more or less fine with it. It did, however, cause me to contemplate my ability to study abroad or be miles apart from my mum, would I be able to survive? But then I realised that the issue here is not that she's far away, in fact she's merely 5 MRT stops away. It's the point that she has no time for me. Sure I'd be fine if I were to be miles apart from her as long as she has time to talk to me, but not when she's in the same timezone and not be able to talk to me for long because the freaking agent is calling her.

It's a matter of relativity really, her giving me a 15 minute call when I'm across the globe would be of much more worth then that if she were just minutes away. I'm not angry or upset with her or anything, it just makes me think how easy it is to forget family sometimes, well at least how I do sometimes. But once again, when I place things into perspectives, her bringing us out for dinner just once is heaven in her give schedule, even if it's at 9 when all the restaurants are closing. We go to Thai Express os often, we even got the discount card! (tell me if you wanna go next time, 10% off!)

yay, pon school tmr. :D

No comments: