Saturday, July 21, 2007

You're coming back!!! :D:D:D I'm simply beaming with glee!

Bimboness aside, I was staring blankly at my neighbour's (shutian!) comprehension paper the other day during GP class when this sudden random question entered my mind: What makes someone have untidy handwriting? I must admit his paper was pretty messed up, with answers scrawled in all corners of the worksheet, hardly legible to any human. I went on to look at his neighbour's handwriting and noticed quite a stark difference. Well this may be due to the fact that that guy's pretty anal with all his worksheets and is pretty much a neat freak when it comes to anything paper. I decided to embark on my own mental discussion as to why someone can have untidy handwriting, here were some if my thought processes:

Is it because he's slacking? I know my handwriting sucks when I don't give a damn. But then again, he does look rather conscientious as he writes his answers. Nah... he's putting his full effort into it, so it's not a matter of attitude.

So is it the way he holds his pen? I know children's ugly handwriting are often due to the way in which they grasp their pencils. So I looked at his fingers, nope, they didn't look infantile at all.

Is it a matter of hand-eye coordination and balance? Such as the inability to control how high that dash on the 'H' goes or how what angle the tail of the 'g' points off to. All right if that were the case, does it mean people with ugly handwriting are less capable? And it's almost 90% chance that any girl you pick will either have gorgeous and neat handwriting, or regular handwriting that's consistant. (There's this certain regularity about it)So ugly handwriting is a predominately male problem.

So then, I began recalling the handwriting I'd seen from guys of various walks of life, the slackers, the smart ones, the artistic ones. Seeing that those with neat handwriting are rare, I picked them out first and decided whether they were really smart. Hmmm... Let's just put it this way, those with good handwriting turned out to be those which fell into my 'Intelligent' catogery, but some in that catogery had bad handwriting too. Conclusion? Those with good handwriting are intelligent! haha....

I know, I know, utter rubbish. But handwriting really tells a lot about a person, perhaps I shan't do special ed and go study the human nature in handwriting instead!

No comments: