Monday, July 14, 2008

Lasik!

I had intended to blog before actually going for Lasik, but it looks like I've procrasticnated once again. Excuse the hoorendous typo errors, my vision still hasn't cleared up from yesterday. For all of you ou tthere who are thinking or are going for Lasik, herer's a lowdown on what's to be done, done, and hmm... what not to do! (i've gotten to like writing informative posts.)

Lasik

Most have heard of the procedure, and probably have a couple of friends who have gone for it, (if you don't now you do!) I have to friends who did theirs at 2 different times, 1 paid about 5K cos it had just started then, and another paid 4k for hers last year. Mine came up to 2.7k with all the miscellaneos idiot things, but the actual procedure itself cost $2388. (trust even the ang-mohish clinics to use this stupid 88 gimic.)

Read more here for the technical stuff, I can't give a very detailed write up now because I can't really read much in order to write, get what I mean? Going for Lasik gives mye the same feeling I got when I bought my babe guitar, it;'s something I've been waiting ages for!! Especially when your degree's 1000 each side, lasik gives you freedom!

I feel great now even though my vision i sn't as perfect as it should be, because I feel like I'm in heaven, everything has this glow, like, I can sorta read, but they all have this aura around it, its like I died and am now in heaven, haha... And I have things to drop into my eye hourly, I'm pratying there won't be any infection! The bulk of failed Lasiks are the result of infections, the procedure itself is pretty full proof, regulr LAsik has a 0.3% risk of failure, and the newer $200 more bladeless procedure which my mum told me to go for has almost zilch% risk. And I thought 0.3 was considered almost 0. Anways, pictures! I didn't get shots of the gear though, my batttery was flat.


As all surgeries they donned me in the typical blu tissue-ish gown, but this one was more comfy than the one I wore at NEC when I went for my cyst op. This Jap or korean girl called Nana attened to me and old me all the details, I must admuit it was quite annoying haveing to concentrate extra hard to get what she was saying, but she was really reallyl sweet and nice, she made milo for me!!


See the milo? And just the right temperature and gao-ness (thickness) too!! It was my 3rd cup of milo yesterday, hahaha... THe pre and post op waiting area was a little cubicle like place, basically the are is as large as a coffee table together with an armchair and standing room for a couple of people. The wait didn't feel long beacuse I had people like fei fei and my tuition kid smsing me. Plus I had my Michael Crichton book!(andnot to forget milo haha, So I was one very happy pre-op patient. I know it looks gross, many people experience bloodshot eyes after the op due to the suction cups placed in. Yes, suction cups. Groos right? It was painful, but it was kinda freaky, cod they kept telling meto lok straight when I cant see a thing, so I imagined lookings straight. The procedure itself was a mere 15 minutes, and the lasering was funny, you'd think lasers sound like this, piupiupiu!!

Noooooo! He let me hear hw it souded like before the actualy lasering so that I wouldn't get a fright. It was more of a really loud and rude kakakakakakakakaka.

And I could smell my cornea being burnt. Cao-tah cao-tah smell one.

And they made me buy 10 boxes of eyedrp[s! $16+ per box leh!! siao one... And it's not a life stime supply, barely a few months nia.


So everything looks like this to me now, No not that I see funny green bears la, its just that everything has a glow about it. Soo.... you all would look much more good-looking to me now because of my chair-mareness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! you are lucky that you qualified (my eyesight is as bad as yours and i didn't qualify)

Unknown said...

To find unbiased patient information about various laser vision correction options, such as Lasik, available to potential candidates, please visit http://www.seewithlasik.com. There is also a physician finder, information about affordable financing options and what to expect during the post-op period.

Unknown said...

Oh that's so disappointing! But they're constantly coming up with funny methods to correct eyesight, I heard they have one which adds a lens to correct vision instead