Friday, July 28, 2006

A Coveted Image

I'm consequencially happy today considering the fact that I skipped 2 lectures today. 2 you know, TWO!! Yes, I am such a studious one that the most classes I've cut in a day come up to a sad, skinny 1. Can you believe I even went for GP classes during the first three months when I wasn't required to?! Gosh cuiwen you're such a nerd.

Anyways, I was pretty disturbed during my break though, however unlike some people, (in no reference to anyone in particular) I shall choose not to wallow in these minute matters concerning the social cohesion of me and my surroundings. Anyways, my day was made when I was debating with my conscience (though it was obviously putting up a futile struggle) on whether to cut the last lecture of the day, and I know I shouldn't exactly be publicising this but a couple of my friends decided to share some of the loot they had gathered some time ago. Lo and behold! They produced very much coveted ACS ring files! They had apparantly stashed quite a nice pile and were nice enough to share them with us.


I can tell you people honestly that I am extremely proud of my school crest. And I'll bet my last dollar on it that I'm not the only one. In my opinion, the ACS crest has pretty much become an image of branding. One which says - exclusivity, wealth, pro-expatriate, English and what not. Our school logo is very much coveted by many. It seems to come to the extent that splashing the tri-coloured logo across any good would make it several classes higher.

So then, I went home feeling much more pleased with myself for being in the right place at the right time and managing to get my hands on 2 lovely files. And being the cheapskate that I am, I would have been happy even if they were cheapo china files. =) And anyways, knowing that I have great friends around me who somehow never fail to give me support simple makes me smile. =) (even though my ulcer hurts like crap and my smile risks the craters in my cheek enlarging.)

No comments: