Sunday, September 02, 2007

Singapore.. Again,

Scenes you would probably only get in places such as Singapore:

All right this is probably a common sight in places such as China too.

I really like this one, it's a classic table-choping-tissue scene. And this was really the table next to me at the Marina foodcourt!













My all time favourite theatrical performers! Emma Yong should have sung for Forbidden City in the first place.


Another worth-while production by Singapore's Performing Arts! I had a great prolonged weekend spending time with all the important people in my life (namely family). Watching Singapopera simply took my breath away, there came a point during th show where I found myself grinning so much that my cheeks really hurt. Singapopera was basically a feature of many of our local musicals dating 20 years back from Beauty World. Honestly, they should have just turned it into the NDP to make it all worthwhile. The Singapore Pop Orchestra, recently started by Dick Lee, was extremely impressive. He formed it in view of integrating the cultural instruments and diversifying the ways in which music is often played. The conductor/musical director Sydney Tan actually got the Sitar to play a Cheena song la! But it was reeallly good!! My sister and I have decided to set up a seperate blog to talk about theatre programmes we've gone for! Wait for it! =)

I need to teach my sister AP/GP, sooo... family photo to end off! we actually cam-whored in teh toilet because we all happened to wear green to church today!

No comments: