Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Draining


I've just returned from what felt like a 6 day camp. It was awfully draining and straining. I was pretty sure at one point that I wouldn't be able to make it back alive. In summary, I had camp, carols and practices all scheduled perfectly next to each other so much that it felt like God was out to burn me out. The stress was unbelievable too, allow me to just elaborate a little further:

Wednesday, 14 Dec 2005
(This being just 2 days after I had returned from KL) We were required to head to church in the early afternoon to help in the preperation of the children's camp. It wasn't exactly tiring, but it wasn't entirely a chalet either. I went out later with my mum to spend my MPH voucher, guess what I bought, a book! haha.
Thursday - Saturday, 15 - 17 Dec 2005
The camp consisted of us taking care of little brats aged 6-12. That is one hell of a range! Well, there wasn't much ass wiping (or whipping) but it still was tiring considering that I survived with about 3 hours of sleep each day. But the more exhausting part was the mental strain. I'm not at liberty to say but basically, we all felt like our brains had been sucked out and put back the wrong way. It didn't help that we were required to spend the entire Saturday in church even after we had broken camp. There was worship practice, then a performance practice before heading to Helping Hands to perform, and finally a very VERY stressful carolling practice which ran till 2130.
Sunday 18 Dec 2005
Since we were playing for service, it was a requirement to come to church by 830. 830 mind you, not 900, or 1000, but EIGHT THIRTY! I ended up in church by 810 (with droopy eyes)
We played for the choir at 1, then for the rest of the church at 3, then for the prisoners at 8. Somehow I feel that this may be beginning to bore you and you wouldn't like to know all the knitty gritty details. (how considerate of me (=)

All right, I'm tired of typing too. so I slept over with Constance at Nat's Gay Villa. I mean Gays' Villa. (I can't help but crack that joke!) Now I'm home and have TONNES of christmas shopping to do. Please bless me. But I did however, spend plenty of time with my 2 most favourite things in the world besides my guitars!

No comments: