Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pride & Prejudice


I was utterly swept off my feet as I gazed into Mr Darcy's deep dark eyes on big screen last night. The film was rather loyal in following the book, besides the fact that the producer had decided to completely exclude all tinges of nature. For those who have read the book, one would know how Ms Elizabeth Bennet seems to have a strong affinity with parks as she is very often seen taking strolls. Whether it is back home or at someone else's home. The film however, had moved all of the scenes which took place outdoors, indoors. They did ironically, shift Mr Darcy's indoor proposal to an outdoor setting where both of our stars were drenched in rain. (Boy did he look sexy there!)

Anyways, my sister was also thoroughly swept off her feet and we smiled and felt all warm and fuzzy throughout the film. This being so even when she hadn't read the book and had recieved a very much summerized account of the book from both my mother and me. I think the scriptwriter did a fantastic job. The lines of the characters were followed relatively closely and all that was added only brought about witty humour. The characters were potrayed in lovely manners as well, Mr Collins of course being the clown in the limelight. My sister found it very amusing as she heard the giggles of boys and men in the back, (we don't normally expect guys to actually watch classics) I only found a brainless bunch of St Pats boys VERY annoying as they laughed merely for the sake of laughing. Incompetant Idiots.

My, this entry looks more like a review. But who says I can't write reviews on a blog? Haha, I was thinking of what I wanted to write about whilst I was in the pool just a while ago. I came up with several good and well versed ideas, but once again, my flitting mind disallowed me to focus on the topic on which I wanted to write about. Oh I do apologise for my brain which is SO saturated with thoughts that it hinders my writing so.

Hah.

No comments: