Friday, January 13, 2006

The Day I RAN.

All right, to all you fitness gurus out there or anyone who is considerably fit, don't tell me that running 3.6km is no challenge at all. To someone who hasn't touched her Nikes in AGES, it very well is a big deal! I think the canoers in SAJC are mental. I honestly think that one should not train so excessively, the reasons being
1) You have an increased risk of skin cancer
2) Your brains are so fried you can no longer speak proper Engrish
3) SO fit for what!?!?

Okay, so it maybe due to my bitterness of not being able to ever reach that height of fitness that I say all these. Surprisingly, for the first part of the Canoeing Orientation yesterday, I didn't fail to psych myself up to quite a high level, such a high one that I, who for one have NEVER run a cross country (First Aider) actually managed to bring myself to jog 8.5 rounds without stopping! (Applaude!!)

I think I too was a little deranged at that moment, I wanted to push myself physically whilst pushing myself mentally by doing KI. One thing I've learnt without fully experiencing it yet, DON'T TRY THAT.

I think my posts should be shorter such that my busy Singaporean friends can continue to support and not get bored stiff with my blog/life.

Love you people. =)

No comments: