Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Human Behaviour

It has recently come to light how we humans are actually so insecure and interdependant on each other. Having been safely encompassed in a warm and comfortable clique of my own fuzzy, fluffy friends for the past 2-3 years, I have grown unaware of all the 'herds' and 'swarms' we humans or teens form unconciously.

Now that I have freed myself from any cliques or particular groups of friends in SA, (There are only 2 of us here anyways, so what kind of group would That make?) I realise that I often end up flying solo. I admit it does get a little lonely and obscure at times, perhaps I'm defending myself, but I find that the pros of not sticking to a particular group outweighs the cons.

Being in a clique would mean that you are indirectly cutting yourself off from other people, or groups of people. People in general do not wish to gatecrash on any cliques if they had the choice to. It's human nature which I think can be seen rather often in our not so distant animal kingdom as well. The bigger the group, the more secure. The happier and more comfortable the group is, more so will the people inside be safe and secure. They have found their haven. Most prefer to stick to this new found nest whether or not they truly enjoy the company. Hey, lousy group beats solitude anyday!

However I've decided to question and counteract this social norm by NOT sticking to a particular refuge as which some call it. And I am finding it quite enjoyable actually. My sister did warn me that I may actually end up not belonging to any social group, well, I suppose I'll be able to go through the whole Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Econs textbooks if that happens.

No comments: