Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A serious Bout of Inferiority Complex

All right people, my life is THAT boring that I have to speak of my KI lesson earlier this afternoon. IT WAS A COMPLETE DISASTER!

Well, to me it was. A highly doubt that I would actually continue KI after these 2-3 months. Namely because I feel terribly miniscule and minute next to these guys. My brain has never felt so compressed before. Let me explain in greater detail why I feel this way.

The lesson began with pairs discussing the meaning of these five terms- Opinion, Truth, Fact, Critical and Questions. I was to discuss the meaning of the last. When it was time for all the definations to come out, it was as if people were reciting straight from the Longman Dictionary. Serious! My partner and especially I were horrified at our feeble attempts to define 'questions'. All we came up with were, Inquires, things that require answers, things which are asked etc. Whilst the other members of the class never failed to throw me into a state of awe as the rattled their versions out.

Truly intimidating.

After that, Sir Casey (I'd prefer to say it with a British Accent) went through rather briefly a list of famous or important philosophers. From the well-known Socrates to Thoreau and Nitzsche (pronounced Nit-Zhe) One of the scholars couldn't help but prattle at every chance he could. Well, it wasn't exactly prattle since he did make complete coherent sense. I personally think he's just a genius who says a little too much.

KI - not for the Knowledge-Impaired

No comments: