Sunday, March 12, 2006

Local Scenes

All right now, I think the title is a little over-rated. I intended and still do intend to speak of one local scene of which I'm considerable familiar with; The local music scene! We all know artists like Corrine May, (shoot yourself if you don't) Ronin, The Suns and of course my PERSONAL favourite, EIC.

The names mentioned above were merely to prove that I'm considerable educated in the topic stated. My ploy was mainly to advertise freely this wonderful band. (Muahahaha...) They jam mainly at clubs/pubs/bars/cafes (I'm so naive that I don't any idea if there's any difference) They do a mixture of covers and originals. I must say that they're covers are extremely impressive! I find their trump card being their vocalists, both of which sound fantastic over amplifiers blasting down your ear canals!!

Still pensive on whether they're really that good? Go down to the Outdoor Theatre at the Esplanade Theatres this Friday at 8pm and you'll get what I mean. I simply love the genres they perform, so if you're a heavy-metal- head-banging-noise-digging person, EIC's not for you. So stay at home and kill your eardrums for all I care. EIC plays MUsic mind you, not NoIse. Haha...

No comments: