Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Why, ACS, Why.

I did a little thinking amidst the madding rush of catching up with tutorials and lost lessons and realised one crucial point; why I had chosen to travel half an hour by car and one hour by train to this rather old, over-charging and extremely far away school.

I yearn to be different and stand out.

The reason is that simple, it had been staring at me blatantly in the face for the past few weeks and yet I looked right through it as if it were cellophane. Allow me to explain further how going to AC allows me to stand out. As most of you know, I'm the only hildan there. I know that my grades weren't exactly fantasitic, they weren't even single digit. One to ordinary, zilch to exception to the norm. But unlike my fellow JC-going counterparts, some who did better than me, I dared ot venture out of the safety waters, the east.

I managed to stand out in St Hilda's for the previous 2 years by doing considerably well, (seriously I don't mean to brag despite my often claims of ego) But however, after my O level results failed me to leave my 'mark' in St hilda's, I had to make my final mark in order to not let my labour throughout the 2 years go to waste just because the fruits were rotten. I wasn't planning to give up that easily.

And thus I decided on a prominent JC in the west, one which is well-known, and reputed to be high-achieving in many ways. The fact that the school was so suited to my liking of being English-based was simply a bonus.

I'm in ACJC. And I don't care if you think I'm bragging or you think AC's not good, I know I sound naggy after practically alternating posts about AC, but ehy, it's MY life and MY blog now. *snobbish look*

No la, AC's not that snobby. =)

No comments: