Sunday, March 05, 2006

Quality

I have just returned from a rather physically, emotionally and mentally fulfilling Crystal Jade dinner with my sister and mum. It was thoroughly enjoyable even though most of the meal was spent with HongKong Kai Lan sticking out of ou mouths. You don't expect us to be fighting to talk during mealtime when we've waited so long for the food to come! The satisfaction simply came from the fact that we all got to sit down and spend time with each other. Each one of us took turns filling the periods between mouthfuls with little snippets of our lives or random comments. I found the ultimate satisfying part of the meal the aftermath when food no longer served as a distraction. Our mum gave us further insights into her life (And how incorrigible my dad can be) And my sister and I carried on our funny conversations. I think now that my sister's in hostel most of the week and me now going to a school miles away, time's going to be rather spartan. Quite miss my sister being accessible throughout the week

Even our car journey to AC and back today was made rather fruitful by my mum. She was literally brimming with eagerness to turn into every nook and cranny of Dover/Bukit Timah/Adam Road. Oo! And here's a funny one courtesy of my mummy!

She began recalling a maid she had plenty of years back who couldn't pronouce her Ps. So 'toothpaste' became 'toofface'. This only came to my mum's attention when her daughter began saying it in the exact same fashion, haha, talk about early childhood education! And here comes the day when my mum is looking for a parking lot. So here comes the maid shouting in the car,

'Mum! Mum! You can fark there! You can fark there!'

>_<

Haha... I suddenly have so many things to write about but so little time!! Well, in case some of people haven't realised, I'll be heading to the junior college which will never be the best... because of the simple fact that it is yet to be... I am rather pleased to be posted there.

All right. I'm damn tired and still have an appeal letter to write. I SO suck at selling myself.

No comments: