Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Me, Myself and I.


Yes, blogger has finally agreed ot adhere to my clicks. And here is the photograph I promised of the wonderful company I left in SA. Honestly I've been beginning to feel the pinch of choosing to enter ACJC as much as I tell myself each day that it's merely the beginning and that it all gets better over time. It's not that the people here are exactly hostile, they just aren't as warm and welcoming as those which I left in SA. Well looking on the bright side at least they aren't sickeningly overly enthusiastic and happy-clappy, (a term presumably coined by my ex-Lit teacher.) Perhaps the attractive fact that AC is in the Top 5 this year causes all the uptightness and lack of silly hee-haw prancing about.

One thing however that has occured to my surprise is that despite me having been moving around alone half of the time, I don't feel as lonely and enstranged from civilisation than as I did when the same thing happened in SA. I narrowed it down to 2 possibilities of this behaviour,

1) I've become so caught up in ensuring I do well for the A levels that social companionship no longer is my exact top priority and worry. Namely, I've become immune to the feeling of solitude.

2) SA was full of smiling people whose only concern in the world weren't their grades but whether they were socially accepted and deemed 'in' by their peers and thus pranced about in groups ranging from 2s to 20s. However this was obviously not true for AC as people, though walking in groups, are actually rather segregated in their own ways and thus make not being 'in' look perfectly normal and sometimes, you look better off.

Obviously I'd prefer the latter to be true.

And as much as I'm itching like hell to complain/bitch about specific groups of people in the school, I decided that it would be much muCH wiser not to as (sadly) they make up quite a prominent number in my school. Anyways, in case you're about to condemn me for all this un-love, I've been doing my best not to upset people as well as myself by making snide remarks at or about these people. I do admit that I did do so the last couple of days, but hey, I went through today without any comment whatsoever about them!

It's one commandment everyone should obey (besides ALL of them), to love others as thyself.

I'm getting used ot it. I'm getting used to it. I'm getting used to it. I'm getting used to it.

No comments: