Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm back!

Unlike what Mings suggested, no, I did not get eaten by that horribly terrible Oily. My disappearance was mainly due to the suspension of my internet (due to unpaid bills). In addition, I sat on a bus, nuah-ing my butt for 7 hours, and went to Kuantan.

There has always been this distinct difference between Malaysia and Singapore (duh), not only in the overall environment and infrastructure, but with the people as well. We spent a few days in Kuantan holding a camp for the people there and all I can say is that I've never met more charming children! Last week, I spent a few days taking care of a bunch of our local toddlers, it was back breaking not only because of the height difference but because of their energizer bunny behaviour. Plus they're naughty/blur which is equally bothersome. Fine, they're only kids right?

However the Kuantan kids were really so lovable! Perhaps it was because of the sing-song way in which they speak chinese that really charms me, ( the singaporean tone is just way too flat), but it's probably because they're so simple, easy to please and enthusiastic.
This was the group of fellas I gave a 15 minute gutiar lesson to, I've never seen 12 year olds that were so keen to learn! Our local boys would probably rather use it as a gun/bazoooka/oversized sword/baseball bat. The beauty of non city kids: less time spent playing stupid shoot-shoot-kill-kill computer games.

The weather was great! And see!! Got MOUNTAIN!

It's so nice to speak singlish after having to spend those few days struggling in Chinese.

Anyways, prom in several hours and I'm clueless as to what to do with my hair. And if you're going to ask me the same question everyone asks me when I say I have prom, YES I AM WEARING A DRESS. Or maybe I'll just wear an A&W bear suit ya?

No comments: